Pico de Gallo is a solo show written by Jade Esteban Estrada and Celeste Angela Estrada and performed by Jade Esteban Estrada. What do illegal immigrants, politicians, ESL kindergarteners, school teachers, unwed mothers, bartenders, flight attendants, Dr. Phil, opinionated grandmothers, entrepreneurial cable access talk show hosts and socialist taco vendors all have in common? They make up the face of 21st century Latinos in the United States in the new solo play. Estrada has been praised by critics around the country for his skillful onstage transformations. The San Antonio Current enthusiastically refers to the creators as "extravagantly talented." Pico de Gallo made its world premiere at the Gladish Cultural Arts Center in Pullman, Washington on February 28, 2007 as part of La Semana de la Raza for Washington State University's Chicano/Latino Center.
- Bronx Academy of Arts and Dance - Bronx, New York
- Emporia State University - Emporia, Kansas
- Washburn University - Topeka, Kansas
- Boise State University - Boise, Idaho
- Seasons Performance Hall - Yakima, Washington
- Washington State University - Pullman - Pullman, Washington
Back to Shows